Score great Black Friday bargains at Walmart
Walmart is one of North America's most popular retailers, and Black Friday shoppers will find thousands of bargain prices on a complete range of merchandise. While Walmart is known for its everyday low prices, the retailer saves many of its best offers of the year for the Black Friday shopping boom. With a little planning ahead, you can take advantage of incredible savings on everything, from electronics and furniture to appliances and apparel.
In the weeks and days leading up to Black Friday, you will be able to search online for coupons offering big savings on Walmart's already-low prices. Websites offering these coupons generally don't go "live" until a few days before Black Friday, so as a word of caution: be sure that your coupons are valid before printing them off and trying to redeem them at a Walmart store.
Black Friday Sales at Walmart
Walmart tends to select its most popular products for the deepest discounts on Black Friday, and because of the retailer's sheer size, it tends to keep bigger inventories of must-have merchandise on hand to satisfy consumer demand. The retailer's best-selling product categories include:
- Electronics. At Walmart, you can buy a complete range of electronics, from desktop and laptop computers to PDAs and smartphones. The company also offers excellent prices on brand-name digital cameras, DVD and Blu-ray players, and stereo equipment. Product availability varies by location, so check with your local Walmart if you plan to shop in person.
- Toys. It goes without saying that toys are among the most widely given gifts during the Christmas season, and Walmart will carry all of the year's hottest offerings.
- Video games. Enjoy deep discounts on the year's most popular new video games as well as classic titles from bygone years that remain popular with avid gamers. Some titles can sell out very quickly, so shop early to enjoy the best selection.
- House and home. Walmart is well-known for its incredible selection of housewares, appliances, and home improvement merchandise. You will also find an extensive selection of automotive merchandise and sporting goods, with virtually everything in the store on sale for Black Friday.
- Apparel and shoes. Walmart has exclusive distribution deals with a number of apparel retailers, and while prices are low year-round, they are even lower during the Black Friday shopping season. You can shop for footwear and apparel for the whole family!
Home furnishings are another major part of Walmart's business; so if you're looking for a new piece for your living room, home office, bedroom or children's playroom, Black Friday is a great time to shop.
Shopping Online for Walmart Merchandise
Despite offering earlier-than-usual opening hours and planning for a large volume of customers, Walmart stores can get very crowded on Black Friday and in the days that follow. It's no surprise that a lot of people prefer to avoid the throngs of shoppers and complete their purchases through Walmart's website.
If you're going to shop online at Walmart on Black Friday, there are a few things you should do to prepare yourself. First, remember that there will be a lot of other people shopping online, and the company's retail website could be a little slower than usual in responding because of the high traffic volume. In some cases, you will have a limited amount of time to complete your purchase, so be sure to have your payment account information close by and ready to enter when prompted. Finally, if you're going to be using any coupons, be sure to check if there are any restrictions in place. Some Black Friday coupons can only be redeemed in-store, so be sure you're able to apply the discount to online purchases before you begin shopping.