Big savings at Best Buy on Black Friday
While Thanksgiving Day sales have long been a part of American consumer culture, Black Friday really exploded during the home computing boom of the late 1990s and early 2000s. Best Buy, a big-box electronics retailer, was one of the companies leading the charge. Though Black Friday has evolved into a major event on the shopping calendar, it was originally an electronics-focused event in which retailers offered their lowest prices of the year on home computers, laptops, home entertainment systems, and accessories, and smartphones.
All these products and many others are available at Best Buy on Black Friday, at amazing discounts. If you've been waiting for a sale before upgrading your computer or smartphone, or if you're giving electronics to someone on your Christmas shopping list, Best Buy's Black Friday sale is an event you won't want to miss.
Tips for Shopping at Best Buy on Black Friday
Best Buy's Black Friday sale draws big crowds. To make your day as successful and stress-free as possible, here are some tips to help you plan your visit:
- Check online for presales. If you're planning to purchase a big-ticket item like a top-of-the-line television, check online to see if your local Best Buy is offering Black Friday presales. A presale allows you to reserve a specific item at an upcoming sale price to ensure it will be available to you on Black Friday. While Black Friday presales evolved as a way to stimulate consumer interest, they are also a very convenient alternative to heading to a busy Best Buy on Black Friday with no guarantees that the item you're looking for will be available.
- Arrive early. Quantities are limited, so it's advisable that you arrive at Best Buy on Black Friday as early as possible, particularly if you're looking to buy a popular product. Most Best Buy locations open earlier than usual on Black Friday, so check with your local outlet for special holiday shopping hours.
- Dress for comfort. You're going to be on your feet for a while, so be sure to wear comfortable shoes with good arch supports. Casual clothing is also a good idea. Remember: there will likely be a lot of people in Best Buy on Black Friday and all that body heat will make the indoor temperature rise.
- Have a plan. Black Friday isn't the best day to go aimlessly browsing through a store. Instead, have a plan and be ready for action when you arrive. Know exactly what you're looking for and try not to let yourself get distracted as you seek it.
- Keep your cool. With traffic jams of shoppers a seemingly inevitable part of Black Friday, tempers can sometimes flare up. Expect Black Friday to be one of the busiest shopping days of the year, and try not to let the stress get to you.
Shop Online on Cyber Monday
Cyber Monday has become a companion event to Black Friday, in which consumers can go online to enjoy great savings on Black Friday electronics. It evolved as a way to allow retailers to restock their inventories after a busy weekend and continue offering deeply discounted sale prices to online customers. Best Buy's Cyber Monday sale is one of the first and one of the biggest of its kind in the world.
If you prefer to avoid the Black Friday crowds, shopping on Cyber Monday is a great alternative to visiting your local Best Buy in person. However, you should carefully check coupons, promotions, and advertised prices to see if they apply to the company's Black Friday sale or its Cyber Monday sale. In most cases, Best Buy extends its Black Friday prices for a limited number of days, so be sure to read the fine print or contact your local retailer with any questions you may have about upcoming sales.